Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Ouch - access to public records shut off

This hurts.

Local newspaper exploits public records for voyeurism, County DA closes public access to them.

There was a case I wanted to look into; now I won't be able to.

When some act irresponsibly, we all pay.

I should clarify that I don't have any knowledge about the specifics of the particular case that triggered their decision; for all I know, printing the info might have been justified. But there _has_ seemed to be a pattern, of printing details in the police blotter (and elsewhere?) that are purely for the reader's voyeuristic entertainment, and if I were to consider making a police report, the prospect of such info appearing in the paper would dissuade me.

1 comment:

Tina Di Mauro said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.