Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Synchronicity

edited*, to make clear that this isn't the fault of the "new regime".

It turns out that, while I had my brain to the grindstone over on the Assignment Zero crowdsourcing homestretch*, working on a piece extolling the rich harvest of low-hanging local fruit that's likely overripe for the picking by citizen journalist watchdogs, the Nevada County Grand Jury was releasing a report (PDF on county website, HTML on NCDocuments) slamming Nevada City's government for decades of mismanagement far above and beyond the norm - "...so unusual and so extreme in dollars, personnel, customer service, and efficiency, that it is difficult to quantify."

So, yeah. What I said.

It stems from lack of oversight; and it manifests in lack of oversight.


But the drinking water is great. Thank you Chris.

3 comments:

Russ said...

Anna:

Check out the crowdsource science taking place on Climate Audit. Citizens scientist auditing the historial climatology network.

Anna Haynes said...

Russ, pay me $30/hr and I'll do the researching and debunking for you. But I'm not going to do it for free.

Anna Haynes said...

...more of it for free, I mean. I have spent ~8 hrs looking into the co2science site and do have a post "in the pipeline" on this, but that is it for pro bono debunking.